Friday, March 11, 2011

Why I love a dog.

I love dogs.  They are always so forgiving.  They are always happy to see you.  When they do wrong, they look sometimes sheepish but always ready to be forgiven.   Now, they are not perfect!  When they do wrong, they are wrong.  Sometimes they forget what they are NOT supposed to do. But, at the end of the day, when you leave the house, they always want more and want you to stay.
Sometimes I think that is why God created these animals.  My dog many times, shows me how I 'should' be.  Forgiving.  Grateful. Happy to see the Master.  Always wanting more.  I should take notes.  Did you know that dogs generally don't do well if you lose your temper and punish angry?  They thrive on YOU being the Master and letting him know HIS place.  Controlled and assertive, but postitive Master.  I do have some problems in that area, I admit.  I am trying....
"May the God of hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in Him.  Romans 15:13"  This was a post from my sweet friend Christye today on a Facebook site for a little girl fighting cancer.  Lucy has a long tough road and her mom, Kate, blogs as an outlet.  What an amazing woman.  She is so strong.  Through it all, Kate still loves her Master.  She must be confused and conflicted at times (how could you not!) but she is still with her Faith in Jesus.  I don't know this sweet family, but I am so touched by their story and faith.  Prayers continue.
Thanks, Christye for a great verse to start my day!  (I love me some friends who love Jesus!)
Have a great one.  Maybe I will do this again tomorrow.  For now, I will enjoy seeing those giant dog ears watching me pull up in my driveway!  I tell him over and over.  I will always come back ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment